|It’s officially the season of gratitude, and I’d like to personally thank you for being a part of our ever-growing network of friends, allies and supporters. Thanks to you, Live Free has had an unprecedented impact in our efforts to build communities free from violence, mass incarceration, and mass criminalization.
Due to the tremendous efforts of our dedicated organizers, some of Live Free’s proudest wins over the years include:
- Co-authoring the first-ever gun violence prevention funding bill, Break the Cycle of Violence Act, with $5B included for community violence interventions.
- Advising the Biden Administration’s Executive Order to make $10B+ eligible for gun violence via federal departments grants
- Experiencing a 30 to 50 percent reductions in gun related shootings and homicides since 2011 in Oakland, Sacramento, Stockton and Richmond, California; as well as increased state funding for Community Violence Intervention (CVI) from $14M to over $200M
- Securing the launch of Chicago’s Office of Violence Prevention and Office of Reentry, Expanding CVI work to 5 counties throughout Illinois, and securing $20M funding of state dollars for Mental Health Recovery Centers
- Launching the first CVI program in Orlando in 2022, resulting in a 30 percent gun violence reduction in year
Today, and especially heading into 2024, our work has become more important now than ever. As we continue partnering with cities and communities nationwide to ensure they have the capacity and support to keep fighting the good fight, we call on our supporters and allies to join our movement against gun violence by taking part in Live Free’s PEACE IN OUR TIME CHALLENGE!
As part of our end of year giving campaign, Steve Kerr – LIVE FREE board member and Head Coach of seven-time NBA Champions The Golden State Warriors –has pledged to match every dollar given to LIVE FREE for the first $100,000 between now and December 31st.
See what Coach Kerr has to say:
|OTHER WAYS TO GIVE:
- Send a gift via check payable to Community Initiatives – Live Free 6432, 1000 Broadway, Suite 480, Oakland CA 94607
- Please check with your company to see if it offers a program that will match your gift to Live Free (Community Initiatives)*. Many employers sponsor programs that match charitable contributions made by employees.
- Donors who are 70½ years and older may also use their IRA to make qualified charitable contributions during their lifetime.**
- Name Live Free (Community Initiatives)* as a charitable beneficiary of your donor advised fund (DAF). Your DAF advisor can provide a beneficiary designation form for you to complete.**
With your support, we can build compassionate communities for generations to come.
Pastor Mike McBride
Founder, LIVE FREE USA